Ex Tax: 345.00€
- In Stock
- Product Code:
- Victron Energy 100/50 MPPT
- Victron Energy
Victron 100/50 MPPT Solar Charge Controller
- 5 year warranty
- Gains of up to 30% over PWM and 10% over slower MPPT
- Maximum solar open circuit voltage 100V
- Maximum battery charge current 50a
- Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Extended battery life with intelligent battery management algorithms
- 12 and 24v battery systems - auto detect
- Maximum PV power 12v system - 700W (note if more PV power is connected the controller automatically limits input power to 700W)
- Maximum PV power 24v system - 1400W (note if more PV power is connected the controller automatically limits input power to 1400W
- Peak efficiency 98%
- Self consumption 10mA
- Absorption voltage 14.4/28.8v
- Float voltage 13.8/27.6v
- Multi stage adaptive charge algorithm
- Built in temperature compensation
- Battery reverse polarity protection, output short circuit and over temperature
- 13mm2 terminals
- Electronic components encapsulated in resin - IP43
- Communications connection - Yes - V.E, Direct
- Datasheet for Victron Energy 100/50 MPPT
Ultra fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Over-discharge of the battery can be prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output will disconnect the load when the battery has been discharged to a preset voltage. Alternatively, an intelligent battery management algorithm can be chosen: see BatteryLife. The load output is short circuit proof. Some loads (especially inverters) can best be connected directly to the battery, and the inverter remote control connected to the load output. A special interface cable may be needed, please see the manual.
BatteryLife: intelligent battery management
When a solar charge controller is not able to recharge the battery to its full capacity within one day, the result is often that the battery will be continually be cycled between a “partially charged” state and the “end of discharge” state. This mode of operation (no regular full recharge) will destroy a lead-acid battery within weeks or months.
The BatteryLife algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly increase the load disconnect level (i. e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly the full 100%. From that point onwards the load disconnect level will be modulated so that a nearly 100% recharge is achieved about once every week.
Resin encapsulated electronics
Protects the electronic components against the environment.
Programmable battery charge algorithm
Please call for more detail
Day/night timing and light dimming option
Please call for more detail